Roger Ebert

cindi o'h

Cindi,

This off the net:

"Ebert, famous for his "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" critiques, had surgery June 16 to remove a cancerous growth on his salivary gland. He also had emergency surgery July 1 after a blood vessel burst near the site of the operation."

2D

if ebert has an adenocarcinoma of the salivary gland removed he should be carefully monitored for the development of lung cancer. this would not be stated openly. i had the same surgery and 4 years later i had lung cancer after much reserch i found out that lung cancer is a high risk for salivary gland precancer/cancer patients. my ENT did not notify me of this and did not monitor me because of my age (I was 43 when i had the salivary gland removed) As a result of his neglegence i developed lung cancer and had my left lower lobe removed. the salivary gland and lung cancer were both on the same side. i am upset about not being monitored after the salivary gland surgery as i feel that perhaps the lung cancer could have been found even earlier and i would not have needed the surgery.

salivary gland removed)