Mother frustrations

Guest AnneDan

Guest AnneDan

Okay, I'm new to the site, but am feeling frustrated about my parents...

here's what happening... I love my parents dearly, but when they visit me it is extra work as my mother cooks for them (usually foods which are not good for me) and they don't even try to eat at the same time with me. I've learned from my dietician recently that it's important to eat with others if you are experiencing weight loss (which I am/was). I guess I just need to spell it out to them what my needs are, but it just feels stressful. Just typing this email and thinking about it makes me weepy, but on the other hand I also love being with them. I'll go more into the saga later.....

Hi Anne,

Hopefully you can discuss with your Mom what you are feeling and she will be responsive as I am sure that your Mother wants the best for you. Eating can sure be a "chore" and source of anxiety during treatment :roll:

I just noticed that you are moving to Kansas.. What part? I lived in Overland Park for a while.. I found the people there to be so friendly.. Hopefully you will find that too :D

Laurie

Hi Anne,

Okay get over the weepies (I know I know I am the same way - it's just the way some of us were made) and tell your parents what you need. In the long run they will be so happy you told them instead of keeping it inside. My husband tells me ( and I act offended for maybe 10 seconds and then get a grip on reality ). So tell them what you need and be proud of yourself for doing it. They will be glad they raised such a strong daughter!

Blessings to you,

Peg