Has Anyone started their own Run/Walk

sakell76

Hello All-

I am curious if any of you have experience launching a run/walk in your community. I recently lost my Mother to Lung Cancer and I needing on outlet to make the public aware of this horrible disease. I live in Providence, RI and there are no run/walks for Lung Cancer in the state. Does anyone have any advice about starting one from the ground up?

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I am on the steering committee for the Boston Walk/Fun Run which will take place November 11th. It is a major amount of work that takes a very motivated and talented committee. We are having satellite walkers all over the United States. You still have time to sign up and start a team and walk in Rhode Island if you would like to raise some research money with us.

After this walk is done I would be glad to help you and answer questions. LUNGevity provides you with a wonderful time line by month with all the things you need to do to set up a walk. It takes at least six months so plan carefully.

Check our website: www.bostonlungcancerwalk.com

and read about satellite walking.