A list of supplements one guy takes

Surveyor

As my cancer battle continues, my supplement/prescribed medicine routine has evolved. During my first critical year, I had a hard time finding evidence of what might help and what the scams were. Some of what I’m doing may still be a scam/waste of time, but if you would like to read what one old guy has done, this is for you. I’m cheap and have tried to steer away from the high-priced pyramid-scheme products, but do buy some of the cheaper alternatives. All of us have to eat – some of this stuff may only be good for its food value or to exercise the liver and kidneys. I think that almost everything I take/do has some evidence (rumors, myths?) that it may help the cancer fight. I take a lot of things, but I seem to be doing well and have not noticed any adverse affects. Please do you own research – it’s fun and educational.

Tip:

· When you find an area on this board that is of interest, be sure to read the earlier posts. A lot of useful information may have been posted a couple of years ago – just click “next” at the bottom of the page and follow the early pages back.

· The search engine on this site takes a little practice, but it will really help you in your quest for cancer knowledge.

· I purchase all of the following non-prescription medications from discount stores or over the internet. You can find quality products at good prices with a little research.

MEDICATION TIMING:

AM first thing on empty stomach:

1. Turmeric (Curcumin) – 250 mg. capsule. [adjunct therapy]

2. BetaGlucan 100 mg. tablet in morning on empty stomach. [adjunct therapy]

3. Mushroom capsule – Maitake 240 mg, Reishi 180 mg. & Shitake 180 mg. [strengthen immune system]

4. Silymarin – 150 mg. capsule

With Breakfast:

1. Celebrex, (200mg twice per day). [adjunct therapy – COX 2 inhibitor]

2. Omega 3 Fish Oil – 4000 mg. [adjunct therapy]

3. Centrum Silver (equivalent) multivitamin/multimineral

4. Potassium Gluconate, 550 mg. per day

5. Coenzyme Q10 – 50 mg [adjunct therapy]

6. Grape seed extract, 100 mg

7. Cimetidine (generic Tagamet) 200 mg [adjunct therapy]

8. Ginseng (four different types of root extract) 750 mg.

9. Ping Xiao Pian (also called Canelim for cancer treatment) 5 capsules. Check with a Chinese herbalist, but Canelim direct from the doctor might be expensive. I have an inexpensive source in China, but my last order took awhile to get through customs; however, the price was worth the hassle. Private Message me (through this website) if your Chinese herbalist prescribes this for you.

With Lunch:

1. Holy Basil, 450 mg

2. Aspirin, 325 mg. once per day with lunch. [adjunct therapy – blood thinner & COX 1 inhibitor]

3. Omega 3 Fish Oil – 4000 mg. [adjunct therapy]

4. Grape seed extract, 100 mg

5. Coenzyme Q10 – 150 mg [adjunct therapy]

6. Selenium 100 mg. [adjunct therapy]

7. Cimetidine (generic Tagamet) 200 mg [adjunct therapy]

8. Ping Xiao Pian (also called Canelim for cancer treatment) 5 capsules

9. Astragalus 470 mg. capsule

With Dinner:

1. Celebrex, 200mg

2. Cimetidine (generic Tagamet) 200 mg [adjunct therapy]

3. Garlic (odor controlled) 650 mg.

4. Ping Xiao Pian (also called Canelim for cancer treatment) 5 capsules

Before Bed:

1. Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg

2. Melatonin – 12 mg. each night. [adjunct therapy] Helps me sleep better too.

3. Vytorin (cholesterol lowering (10 mg. Ezetimibe & 20 mg. Simvastatin) – 1 per day. [adjunct therapy]

4. Lisinopril tablets, 5 mg. for high blood pressure.

In addition to the above, I do the following:

1. I use a Mavello water filter for all drinking/cooking. The water tastes much better than our tap water. This Mavello filter also produces “antioxident water.” The $500 cost was a little steep, but after 3 years, I’ve had no problems with it and feel it was a good investment. The filter replacements cost about $70 and needs replacing every 4-5 months.

2. I make a real effort to eat well. I’m into my fruits and vegetables instead of just being the old “meat and potatoes” man I used to be.

3. I always mix up the following in a glass and drink with breakfast: (I find them at my local Sam’s Club.)

· Aloe Vera Juice (by the gallon) about $6.00

· Bolthouse Farms “Green Goodness” (combination of about 20 juices & other good things for you) about $4.00/qt.

· Liquid Colloidal Minerals (follow the directions and don’t overdo this one) about $10.00/qt., but it lasts a long time.

4. I make a big pot of tea every morning, put it in a thermos and drink it throughout the day. I like tea and figure I might as well make it good for me with the following concoction:

· 3 cheap organic green tea bags.

· a big scoop of Stevia extract for a sweetener.

· I have a little electric grinder to mix the following and put in 2 tea balls. Buy a fine filter to pour through when done.

1. Pau d’ Arco bark – about a teaspoon (My best source is VitaminLife.com)

2. Licorice root – about a teaspoon (My best source is VitaminLife.com)

3. Red Clover cuttings – about 5 or 6 little “heads” (My best source is VitaminLife.com)

4. Fresh sage – about 2 - 3 leaves (fresh from a local “chain” grocery store)

5. Fresh rosemary – about 15 of the little round leaves (fresh from a local “chain” grocery store)

6. Fresh ginger root – just a little thin slice (fresh from a local “chain” grocery store)

Hope you find one or two things useful.