Donations

Kasey

Some here may remember the beginning of November and the discussion of collection boxes like those we all see for other causes such as MS or breast cancer. Well Cate, from LUNGevity, sent me a container and I placed it mid-November. Here in PA we must purchase wine and spirits at a 'state' store and beer at beer distributors. The state store told me to contact the board at the state level for 'permission' to place such a container. Too late for that. So I placed one container at the beer distributor. Well............in 7 weeks it collected $55!!!!!!!!!!! I am inspired to now write to the state for 2008 and be on the charitable donation list for the year. Also I figured that just ONE box per state for ONE year COULD generate $15,000/year. Just imagine if there were more than one AND you gotta realize the very CONSERVATIVE area for placing it in a beer distributorship here in Lancaster, PA.

I am so elated and will take this back and do my part to place even more of them.

Just wanted you all to know how EASY money for LUNGevity can be made. Every $ counts!!!!

Kasey

Hey Donna..........I think you need to place the containers where people will be spending cash and have money in their hands, ya know? Maybe even fast food joints, convenience stores. Just my opinion, but in Curves no one is really having any $$$ in their hands.

Just a suggestion.......when I was raising money for Relay For Life, I put a collection box at my local video store, and was getting about $6 per week, which I wasn't satisfied with! So I wrote a note on the top of the box which stated my name, and that I was collecting funds in honour of my Mum, and I started getting $25 per week in the box! It seems to make a difference when you personalise the issue.

Good luck!

Karen