Saul Dombrowsky

Ann

Walking through San Francisco's Chinatown, a tourist is fascinated with all the Chinese restaurants, shops, signs and banners. He turns a corner and sees a building with the sign, "Saul Dumbrowsky's Chinese Laundry."

"Saul Dumbrowsky?" he muses. "How the heck does that name fit in this area?" So he walks into the shop and sees an old Chinese gentleman behind the counter. The tourist asks, "How did this place get a name like "Saul Dumbrowsky's Chinese Laundry?" The old man answers, "Is name of owner." The tourist asks, "Where is the owner?" "Me, is right here," replies the old man. "How did you ever get a name like Saul Dumbrowsky?" "Is simple," says the old man. "Many, many year ago when come to this country, was stand in line at Documentation Center. Man in front is Jewish gentleman from Poland. Lady look at him and go, What your name? He say, Saul Dumbrowsky" "Then she look at me and go, What your name?"

"I say, Sem Ting."