suppelement for better metabolism

Hi,

I was reading in this book about supplements that, for example, curcumin is not metabolized effectively throughout the body. The authors suggesting taking a proteleaic (sp?) enzyme, something like Wobenzynme or Zymactive to help process these supplements and better distribute them throughout your body.

Heard of this?

aaron

Hi Aairon: the curcumin I take is made by OxyLife & is called Phenocane. Curcumin & DLPA. Each capsule is 250 mg curcumin, 75 mg dlPhenylalanine, 175 mg Bosweilla and Nattokinase. I take 2 caps each am & 2 at bed & have had noticeable relief from chronic back pain. Have cut vicodin consumption in half. Good Luck & God Bless

wendyr

• 2 weeks later...
"spicysashimi"]Hi,

I was reading in this book about supplements that, for example, curcumin is not metabolized effectively throughout the body. The authors suggesting taking a proteleaic (sp?) enzyme, something like Wobenzynme or Zymactive to help process these supplements and better distribute them throughout your body.

Heard of this?

aaron

Hi Aaron,

One thing I would suggest is to take the Turmeric Extract (Curcumin) with some type of fat. One person took his with warm heavy cream or coconut milk. Certain supplements require lipids to be properly metabolized - curcumin being one of them. Anyway, just a suggestion.

-Jef

Yup, my mother was taking Wobenzyme (sp ?) all through her treatments (breast cancer). They are big in Europe. The theory is that they allow both supplements and the chemo drugs to penetrate cells better (I do not remember the exact mechanism but something about "eating up" defensive shells ??). She was on a ton of various supplements at that time (anything that medline had positive results on). Whatever it was, something worked because she did very well.