Anybody heard from Sue?

Tina , Thank you for starting this thread and I apologize for not getting back sooner. This will be a very short update with a promise to do better in time. I've been nearly living at the hospital and I'm exhausted.

My mom had her surgery Wednesday, May 2nd. She had wedge section biopsy, 2 small non small cell tumors were found and removed. The lymph nodes look good.

It has been a rough week with her on ventilator a couple days and in icu for 4 days and then in a post surgery floor. She came home today. She is doing well, but is a little weak. She needs help getting around the house . My sis and I will take care of her.

Sorry to have this so rushed.. I've only got a couple hours to put my feet up. Thank you so much for being here for us.

Love,

Sue

Just wanted to bring this to the top again because I want all of you to know that your thoughts and prayers have meant so much to me and my family. It has just been so hard to accept a second lung cancer diagnosis in my family. I know many of you have been faced with the same thing, but now that it has happened to my family I know how very hard it is to accept.

As I have said before, mom's tumors were removed and lymph nodes looked good. She is incredible, at 78 yrs old... she is doing very well. We will learn more about follow up options when she goes for her follow up with the doctor. Just don't know if chemo or radiation would be too much for her. We will have to see what they say.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get a grip. The pain of losing my husband still seems so new, even after a year and this is just too much for me. Please bear with me and if you can spare prayers for us, it would be appreciated.

Love to all,

Sue