The BIG "S" and surviving

daddyslittlegirl

Thank you, daddyslittlegirl, I do reap great strength from such encouragement - and I've found so much on this forum.

Best of luck to you and your dad. I do believe, as Welthy said, that a strong faith goes a long way and I'm praying for you and for all the members of this forum.

Welthy pretty much said it all and said it well.

Maurice smoked for 55+ years. He was also an air conditioning contractor in Florida for 30 years and breathed in a lot of freon year round.

When he sold his businesss he became a metal artist and sat welding every day & breathing in those fumes for almost 20 years. So who the hell knows what caused his lung cancer. It probably was the cigs but there were other factors too.

wendyr

snoopyfn- we kind of heard the same thing. My mom asked if my dad quit now would he live and the doctor said no. However, just like wealthy said, I beleive that having an aggressive doctor is key and I don't feel we have one. I also agree with faith being a huge factor. Because only the good Lord does know. Thanks again to everyone for sharing their experiences.