Best place for newly diagnosed

ernrol

Fighting Cancer by H. R. Bloch is a book that I did not read till after I was in remission. What was so amazing to me is that I had done just about everything that he has written in this book and I thought the same way about my cancer. I just recently discovered this link that will lead a newly diagnosed cancer patient to a wealth of information. I am posting it here so that everyone can copy it and send it to anyone they know that they think it will help.

Here is the web address that will take you to a letter written by R. A. Bloch. He was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and told that he had three months to live. He chose to fight for his life and was declared cancer-free two years later. 26 years later he died in of heart failure, not cancer.

http://www.blochcancer.org/articles/letter.html

From this web site you can get a free copy of Fighting Cancer and get a list of places to get good second opinions. I think this book is a must for anyone interested in beating this disease. It may help a caregiver to know, but unless the patient gets involved in his or her’s cure it will do little good.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Thanks for posting that.

I so wish that Harry could meet you! You have such a winning attitude.

I don't, as his helper, know how to get him to communicate anything at all about what he's feeling or thinking.I never push the issue, but have tried to gently get him to talk about it. He doesn't seem to want to, so I leave it alone....

In your opinion, is it a good thing, or bad, to not be able to talk about having cancer? And how would you suggest "I" handle it? Should I continue to act like things are just peachy?, or keep asking him how he feels? (I feel stupid doing that, but don't want him to think I don't care...) It's something that has bothered me from the very beginning...I'd like your opinion, since you've been thru it, and I haven't!

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Take care,

Nova