Need advice on pain management (new question July08)

teriw

Thanks everyone. I'm calling the doctor as soon as they're in this morning. We decided that the dosage is definitely too much. Yesterday was awful. We weren't sure whether he should even take it last night, but he did. I looked it up online and noticed that it comes in 15mg, and now I'm wondering why they didn't start him on that initially.

Lately, every medical solution for one problem brings with it another set of problems. And the one problem that never goes away is the inability to eat well. I was so overwhelmed with it all last night, I just lost it. It's so unfair. But you all know that feeling.

Thanks for all your info and thoughts, Dar. I hope your mom is starting to feel better. Everytime I look at her picture, I think of my own mom. They have a similar look. Bill is over the effects of the radiation, although he definetly suffered from it. The brain radiation effects didn't really hit him (the tiredness) until he was done with the treatment. Unfortunately, this pain is cancer-related. He has a few places in his body in addition to his lung that are affected. He's also extremely weak and under-nourished. I am hoping that once they radiate his back, at least one source of pain will be gone and maybe he won't need the strong stuff.

Teri,

I hope you get the answers you need from the Dr. You two have been through some very tough times and it must seem very unfair but it seems that the one's that have it the worst are the ones who have the faith that it will get better. I'll be praying for him to feel better and be able to eat and for you to get some much deserved rest. God bless you both.

Hi Terri,

Just sending continured prayers out to him and keeping a healing candle lit.

Joel had lots of pain but it does not seem as bad as your Bills. Joel could not take the Fentynal patch as that made him sick. He tried Oxy and that did not work. They only thing that worked for him is Percosets. But when his pain got too bad and the perks did not work he was admitted and they gave him that intravenous Dilauded also, which worked immediately. He took that at home (pill form) also with his percosets and that helped him.

I pray the find the right dosage that will work for him that will keep him more lucid.

I feel for you both, but I love his attitude!!

Prayers sent his way, Terri

Maryanne