Hot Nodes

The value on the PET is called the SUV (Standardized Uptake Value). Cancer cells uptake more of the sugar/radioisotope and it shows as "lit up". In other words a PET scan measures the metobolic activity. Since cancer cells "eat" sugar faster than normal cells, they light up more.

An SUV value greater than 3.5 is usually worse than one that is less.

PET scans are about 90% accurrate. Sometimes they will not catch something that is there and sometimes they will find something that is NOT there. (false negatives and false positives)

The value on the PET is called the SUV (Standardized Uptake Value). Cancer cells uptake more of the sugar/radioisotope and it shows as "lit up". In other words a PET scan measures the metobolic activity. Since cancer cells "eat" sugar faster than normal cells, they light up more.

An SUV value greater than 3.5 is usually worse than one that is less.

PET scans are about 90% accurrate. Sometimes they will not catch something that is there and sometimes they will find something that is NOT there. (false negatives and false positives)

I didn't realize that there was an actual number value given to the resulting hot spots on a PET Scan. Curious now as to what number mine had.

I believe this is how it works. The amount of uptake is coded into colors. The scanner detects the ammount of radiation as it does the scan and gives them numbers. The numbers are then coded into colors. Higher SUV numbers will be brighter

You can search the web for SUV and PET and it will give you more info