Suzanne Pleshette

RandyW

Has anyone heard this and the following news also Read both articles..

2006 La Times;

LOS ANGELES - Actress Suzanne Pleshette is undergoing chemotherapy for lung cancer that was caught at an early stage, her agent said Friday.

The cancer, discovered during a routine X-ray, is the size of “a grain of sand and was caught very much in time,” said agent Joel Dean. “She feels very lucky. ... She’s not concerned and in great spirits.”

Pleshette, 69, is receiving chemotherapy as an outpatient at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where the cancer was diagnosed, he said

AP wire 3 hours ago today

In August 2006, it was announced that the actress, 70, was being treated for lung cancer. In April, her actor-husband Tom Poston died from respiratory failure. Even as late as Wednesday afternoon, publicists would not confirm Pleshette's participation in the tribute, and she did not walk the arrivals line, where Newhart spoke about his longtime leading lady's health.

MISDIAGNOSIS I THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What were teh effects of the chemo on the body if no cancer???

Basically there was an article in the LA times that TV land had a Bob newhart show reunion the other nite. THey discussed the members who were there and talkked about how no one was sure if Suzanne would show up. Mentioned that Public had been told she had Lung cancer in 2006 but was mistaken. Here is whole article, for some clarification Thanks Katie;

What Illness? Pleshette Still a Spitfire

By MICHAEL CIDONI – 7 hours ago

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Suzanne Pleshette is very much alive, and ever her saucy self. In a rare public appearance Wednesday night for a 35th-anniversary tribute to "The Bob Newhart Show" (1972-78), her most enduring work, the veteran actress showed that a year of serious personal and health matters hasn't dampened her spitfire personality.

"I'm cancer-free, my (breasts) are great and ... I'm extremely, extremely rich," she responded to a question from The Associated Press, generating howls of laughter from a packed audience during a panel discussion featuring the cast of the beloved sitcom.

The tribute, co-hosted by the TV Land cable network and the Paley Center for Media, attracted most of the show's principals, as well as legendary-comic guests Don Rickles and Tim Conway. But Pleshette's attendance had been a question mark.

In August 2006, it was announced that the actress, 70, was being treated for lung cancer. In April, her actor-husband Tom Poston died from respiratory failure. Even as late as Wednesday afternoon, publicists would not confirm Pleshette's participation in the tribute, and she did not walk the arrivals line, where Newhart spoke about his longtime leading lady's health.

"It is not cancer," he said. "She had an operation, they got it all. She then developed a pulmonary problem. She went in the hospital. When she went in the hospital, she caught pneumonia, so she went back in the hospital. It was touch and go. She's here tonight, and she told me, `Yesterday, I couldn't have made it.'"

Early into the panel discussion, Pleshette noted, "I could have dropped dead. There are three doctors who kept me alive, just for tonight."

Pleshette, looking fresh in a black pinstriped suit, was asked what she thought the classic show's real secret of success was. "The sexual energy between us," she responded dryly, inspiring a belly laugh from Newhart.

"I don't remember that," he shot back.

She was serious for a moment, though, when talking about working with Newhart as the ever amusing and ever loving Bob and Emily.

"We were a bright couple," Pleshette said. "We were a couple who cared deeply for each other. We were a working couple, both making substantial amounts of money. And I just think we were fabulous."

TV Land airs a 35th-anniversary marathon of "The Bob Newhart Show" on Monday, running eight episodes selected by Newhart, from 8 p.m. to midnight.

On the Net:

http://www.tvland.com

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

This is the 2006 article about the LC diagnosis..

Actress Suzanne Pleshette Undergoing Chemo for Lung Cancer

Friday, August 11, 2006

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION

LOS ANGELES — Actress Suzanne Pleshette was undergoing chemotherapy for lung cancer that was caught at an early stage, her agent said Friday.

The cancer, discovered during a routine X-ray, is the size of "a grain of sand and was caught very much in time," said agent Joel Dean. "She feels very lucky. ...She's not concerned and in great spirits."

Pleshette, 69, was receiving chemotherapy as an outpatient at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where the cancer was diagnosed, he said.

The actress is best known for her role in "The Bob Newhart Show," the 1970s Newhart comedy in which she played his sardonic wife, Emily. Her extensive TV credits include "8 Simple Rules" and Karen's mom on "Will & Grace," and her throaty voice has been heard in "Spirited Away" and other recent animated films.

"If It's Tuesday This Must Be Belgium" and "Oh God! Book II" are among her films.

Pleshette and Tom Poston, 84, who costarred with her on "The Bob Newhart Show," were married in 2001.