Massachusetts People

Karma1976

Commonwealth of Massachusetts -- Governor Mitt Romney has proclaimed Lung Cancer Awareness month, thanks to Richard Thompson

whooo hooo good for mr. thompson. I wrote to his office and others and didn't even get so much as a reply!! I did not even see this though in the papers here. good for you though

Hey Karma;

Good for the state of Massachusetts, :):) ; Hate to tell ya this but even I got a response back from the Gov. of Mass. and I live in Jersey, :?:shock: ; However, I sent out a message to the Gov. of Jersey and got no reply yet!!!,

try using this link, it may help and it's easy, you have to register which is no big deal but they keep ya up to date

http://www.smokefree.net/MA

also just got a note from them saying that Newton, Mass just went smoke free, you can send them a thank you note via the same link if you want. You can also check the ACS site in your state, I'm doing a protest for the clean air act next week with them.

god bless, be well and keepon keepen on!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Bob,

Back in August I petitioned the Governor, Health Commissioner, Head Epidemiologist and all three of my legislative representatives. Followed up with lots of phone calls and emails.

The Director of Cancer Research was asked to contact me. We have built a rapport of sorts.

The bottom line is November has been proclaimed Lung Cancer Awareness Month in NJ. A copy of the Proclamation was even sent to me from the Governor with the official GOLD STATE SEAL and little blue ribbon. (whoo hoo) Senator Joseph Palaia called me personally to advise me that this had occured and I was responsible, but his main message was that he had been a part of making it happen. This was all right before the elections you know.

Just in case you are interested - there is an Assembly Joint Resolution No.53 on the board (so to speak) that was introduced on 12/16/2002 by Assemblyman Joseph R. Malone, III and Assemblyman Ronald S. Dancer (Co-Sponsored by many other Assemblypersons), to designate November annually as "Lung Cancer Awareness Month" It has just kind of been sitting there - waiting for more push. Perhaps we in NJ could push the newly elected to get this taken care of before next year. I do not really want to badger all those folks again starting next August. :idea:

Hey Candee,

Good to here from you!! :):):) ; I did'nt know that, thanks,!!

I'm just a bit frustrated with the whole lack of concern in this state, I'm glad you have some in's. I'm working on it but difficult at times.

thanks for the update, good possibility, I'll be at the Bernie Segal discussion in Newark, thanks for that also.

God bless and stay well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"