Better week...

lynne

Well, it has been some week..

Dean still has two blood clots...still on Lovenox injections twice a day. The doctor gave us another 5 days worth and a prescription for Coumadin to start at the same time. He goes back Thursday to get it checked.

He had his third round of chemo today. So far, he is feeling really good! Plus he got another shot of Procrit today because even after three units of blood last week, he was still anemic!

The swelling in his arm is down, but under his arm is still pretty puffy.

Friday we made two trips to the ER because of impaction due to the chemo and the pain meds...oxycontin and darvocet. One of the many joys of cancer that no one talks about....

He is feeling so much better now though...(now that he has worked things out) :-)

Saturday night, our son's father-in-law, Steve Grey, (http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/loca ... 63,00.html )died from his battle with bladder/liver cancer. It has been really upsetting. Dean and Stever were friends with alot in common...especially their love for the grandchildren they shared and their love of art. Dean just broke down and started crying....holding me and saying.."I don't want to die".... Then later that evening in bed, he turned and asked me..."If you were JoAnn (Steve's wife) would you be alright right now?"....I thought and said...I would be very very sad...but I would be alright..and I would be relieved that you had gone on to a better place and your suffering was over"....He seemed happy with the answer. That night, he and I both had nightmares most of the night. I don't think either one of us slept more than an hour at a time. Steve's funeral is Wednesday at 11am.

Life goes on....hopefully for a long time...

Hope all of you are doing good.

Lynne

ps...why is our picture so big? LOL

Lynne,

I am so sorry that your family is in this situation.

I am glad though, that it gave you and Dean an opportunity to talk about life. So many do not get that far with this horrible illness.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. May God give Joanne the strength she will need in the days to come.

Much love,

Shirley

Hi Lynne:

So nice to put a face with your posts now, and a smiling one at that :)

So sorry your going through the situation that you are; I think that only God knows when our times up and it's real important to hold on to each other every day that we can., I know easier said than done, but the more I try the easier it is.

you'll be in my prayers

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"