Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery

Junior

First the good news: :)

My dad went for his first follow-up CT scan after his diagnosis and 2 cycles of chemo. The scan showed that his primary tumor shrunk 60%!!! His doctor was amazed and exceptoionally pleased. (as were we all). The few spots in his right lung showed no change, but that's OK. The doctor said that no change was still good, and that if they didn't respond to this treatment, he'd get them some other way.

Now for the not-so-good news: :(

His CT scan did reveal a MET in his brain. Again, we are not panicking yet. He is going to meet with the head of Radiation Oncology at Staten Island University Hospital, this week and discuss treatment. Hopefully his should be a clear-cut case. SIUH has a good reputation with this kind of radiation surgery ( Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery). They have had much success and hopefully will have some more.

Can anyone share any info about this kind of treatment?

....Keeping you all in my prayers!

-Junior

Hi Junior,

I'm happy about the good news.. thats great. But the not so good news, i'm not sure about. It sounds like the have good sucess with treating it. I wish you and your Dad the best and i will pray that your Dad's treatment will be a success. Hopefully someone will have some info for you.

God Bless

Laurie