New Jersey people; ACS is asking for help!

bobmc

Hello all:

I just recieved a note from some friends at American Cancer Society. They have been campaigning to get our politicians moving on the Clean Air Act. The bill is presently stuck in the senate and as a second action step they are asking that we ( concerned citizens) make a brief phone call to the following three state legislatures:

1) Senate Budget Committee Chairman, Wayne Bryant; 856-757-0552

2) Senate Co-president, Richard Codey; 973-731-6770

3) Senate Co-president, John Bennet, 32-863-1644

The calls can be real brief, letting them know that clean air is important to us and action is needed. It's also important to state your name and zip code. They need to know it means VOTES.

The ACS phone campaign is taking place this week only and is also being supported by NJ Breaths.; On a personal note, I just returned from California, where they are very aggressive on anti-smoking. I have recently learned that the lung cancer rate in that state dropped by 19.5% and there overall cancer rate is 10% lower on average than all the other states. I'll be calling tomorrow!!

thanks and appreciate the help'

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"