May I have your help with patient guidelines?

Surveyor

I’ve been a phone buddy with the Lung Cancer Alliance (lungcanceralliance.org) for a few years and because of this association, I’ve been asked to attend the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Update Committee for the ASCO unresectable NSCLC guideline as a patient representative panel member. Clinical practice guidelines serve as a guide for doctors and outline appropriate methods of treatment and care. I was told I would attend a meeting in Alexandria, VA on Oct. 23, 2008, (ASCO covers travel and lodging). Part of my responsibility would be to present the perspective of people affected by unresectable NSCLC. It has been a few years since I received intensive chemo infusions, so I would really appreciate recent hospital/oncologist experiences. Could you help me with any & all ideas you think I should contribute? It looks like my input will be primarily limited to the following areas:

1. A manuscript on Clinician-Patient Communications

2. Provide feedback on patient-related Clinical Tools & Resources

I plan to prepare a list of all our thoughts to present to the committee.

Thank you!

Your post is interesting! I just got a call two days ago for the American Lung Assoc and they asked me if I would be on a committee and they asked me the same things as you are being asked from ASCO.

The Amercian Lung Assoc is getting more and more involved in lung cancer issues, and I am pleased to hear this after all these years with them. Lung cancer wasn't a number one issue with ALA!! :shock: Lucky for us things are changing and it tells me we are being heard!!! HOORAY! :D:D:D:D

Good luck!