Just a note....

Ann

Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing. I know this time of the year is so very hard for so many of us! As you know, I am approaching the one year anniversary of Dennis's death. I just cannot believe a year has passed. In one way, it seems I have been without him forever but on the other hand all the hurt feels so fresh and still new. I ma working on writing the memorial for the newspaper and have started and stopped dozens of times. I just can't put my feelings in words regarding the most wonderful man I have ever known. I have finally asked my son to write the memorial. He has a beautiful way with words and also wrote his Dad's obituary. i am thinking of adding a short message regarding smoking and lung cancer and adding some statistics, such as Katie did when he passed. What do you think? I think reading a memorial and knowing cigarettes contributed to the young man's death might help someone to stop smoking. Please remember me in your prayers that God will help me through the upcoming days!!! Love to all!

Ann,

I have to agree with Katie. When you write from the heart, it is right.

I am glad that you have your son and his support.

I was told by my sister, who lost her husband several years ago to cancer, that grieving doesn't have a time limit. There are times still that she feels like it was just yesterday. So dear, all I can say is grief does not have a time limit. Each of us handles our loses in our own way and in our own time.

I swear I will never tell anyone ever again to get "on" with their lives. I have been guilty of it in the past but I will never again say those words to anyone. I feel they are the cruelest words a person can say to someone who has lost so deeply as we have here.

My heart goes out to you, just like a pair of arms wrapping you lovingly and holding you close as you cry.

Much love and warm hugs to you Ann.

Shirley