Nite Before....Can You Relate????

Ann

Can you relate?

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the kitchen; I was cooking and baking and moanin and b!tchen. I've been here for hours, I can't stop to rest. This room's a disaster, just look at this mess!

Tomorrow I've got thirty people to feed. They expect all the trimmings. Who cares what I need! My feet are both blistered; I've got cramps in my legs. The cat just knocked over a bowl full of eggs.

There's a knock at the door and the telephone's ringing; frosting drips on the counter as the microwave's dinging. Two pies in the oven, dessert's almost done; my cookbook is soiled with butter and crumbs.

I've had all I can stand, I can't take anymore; Then in walks my husband, spilling rum on the floor. He weaves and he wobbles, his balance unsteady; then grins as he chuckles "The egg nog is ready!" He looks all around and with total regret, says, "What's taking so long...aren't you through in here yet?"

As quick as a flash I reach for a knife; He loses an earlobe; I wanted his life! He flees from the room in terror and pain and screams, "GOOD GRIEF WOMAN, YOU'RE GOING INSANE!"

Now what was I doing, and what is that smell? Oh darn it's the pies! They're burned all to he//.

I hate to admit when I make a mistake, but I put them on BROIL instead of on BAKE.

What else can go wrong? Is there still more ahead? If this is good living, I'd rather be dead.

Lord, don't get me wrong, I love holidays; It just leaves me exhausted, all shaky and dazed. But I promise you one thing, if I live 'til next year, You won't find me pulling my hair out in here.

I'll hire a maid, a cook, and a waiter; and if that doesn't work, I'LL HAVE IT ALL CATERED!!

Well I can kind of relate but I love cooking Christmas dinner or any other big meal. As a matter of fact I spent all day today cooking. I organized a Christmas Dinner for our anual party tomorrow. We have it early because a lot of my neiighbors and myself will not be here Christmas Day. In fact after the snow a couple of nights ago and more threatening Tuesday I may leave for my sister in laws house on Monday.

Sense Saturday I have made peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge. I made one batch of snickerdoodles and one of ginger cookies and 2 batches of cream chesse spritz cookies. Today I made a banana walnut cake and tomorrow I will ice it with whip cream and bananas. I also made a broccoli slaw and a brocollii cheese casserole. I have two pans of dressing to cook and I am cooking a big ham and a turkey breast. Everyone is bringing something so we should have a nice day. I am exhaused but looking forward to tomorrow and being just as exhaused :!:

I cook christmas dinner for my DH's entire family (40 people) every year and usually enjoy every minute of it. I just don't have the energy to do it this year. I'm catering it. It's actually not costing much more than the grocery bill usually costs. I'm still baking though (my kids won't let me get away with not baking!). I do feel a bit guilty....but I'm sure I'll get over it! :D