New Member w/ a sick dad.

mll0727

Hi,

I'm new to this online support group environment. Someone recommended a support group and thought on-line might be the most convenient way.

My 55 year old dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in November 2008. He was diagnosed with stage 4 incurrable lung cancer. He has 3 tumors and began Chemo in December. Within the last 2 weeks he has began to have extreme pain in his ribs and back. The doctors say they believe the chemo has shrunk the tumor which had attached itself to the spinal column and ribs, since it has shrunk it is pulling away from the bone and that is the cause of pain. He recently broke his collar bone as a result of the tumor located in that area. The docs have now recommended a round of radiation, which he started today.

This is my first experience with cancer of any kind. I'm dealing with a ton of emotions as I'm sure most people do in this situation. It's difficult to keep your anger, frustration and hurt in check sometimes when you see someone you love so much in so much pain.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to getting to know anyone in the same situation.

Hello and welcome mll0727

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad but so glad you found this site and have joined us. This is a great community and you will find a lot of great information and advice here as well as support.

Please let us know how we can help and know that someone is always here to listen,

Warmly,

Christine

Welcome to the group. It's encouraging that your dad's tumors seem to be shrinking. The radiation should help with the pain, though that usually takes a while, and in the interim he will be probably be rather dependent on pain medications.

Let us know if you have any specific questions, and you're sure to find members here who have faced almost exactly the same situations. Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned