SOB

Caren

SOB is something that dad hasn't really suffered with, except being a little out of breath after doing something more strenuous than usual, which I think just comes with age.

The past 3 or 4 days I have noticed that after getting dressed in the morning, or going upstairs to use the bathroom he seems very SOB and it takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to settle. He has stopped going out for his daily walk again b/c he's worried that he will get SOB before he gets very far and then he'll be stuck there.

I wonder if this is something that I should report to the Chemo nurse now or just leave it and see how he gets on.

I don't really know what qualifies as 'SOB' that needs attention....help?

this can be serious. You need to let chemo nurse or Oncologist know about it!! Sometimes fluid builds up around the lungs as a result of treatment. This fluid can cause pressure on the lungs and lead to more severe problems. Its usually a result of the treatment though.. Best to let Oncologist or at least the nurse know about this just to be on safe side!!!