Saturday's Air

Outrider1

Today in NTX is starting out gray and rainy. and is supposed to be that way all day. Yes I finally got my rain! I am enjoying it with the exception of the fur babies being housebound all day and having to be walked on leashes several times a day (the back yard gets too muddy when it rains). But that is a small price to pay for cooler weather.

I had to go somewhere last night after dark and drove with the windows down. It was sheer Heaven at 72 degrees. If the temp stays low enough, I intend to throw all the windows open and air out the house and if not during the day, after dark.

Many of you may consider this type of day gray and gloomy, but I love it. Days like today seem to energize me and I can get more done around the house. I have always preferred fall and winter to spring and I purely hate summer. I am going to enjoy this weather while I can.

I hope the rest of you are enjoying your day today. I am off to sit on the porch, bald head and all, and enjoy my preview of fall.

Dawn

Dawn....I'm so jealous of your rain! I don't remember the last time we got any here :( It's averaged 100+ for a few months now. I have a lot of gardening that needs to be done here, so I try to do it in the early morning hours. Not possible lately with all the care my hubby needs.

Today I'm hoping to just be plain lazy. I walked past the laundry basket and just told myself...maybe tomorrow. I'd love to just stay in my pj's and watch TV all day!

Have a good one and enjoy your beautiful rain! :D

Good morning all. I awoke to overcast skies this morning also. Just a slight chance of showers but maybe a better chance tomorrow night. Everything is so dry. We really need the rain. Temp got up to 104 yesterday but I am hoping that was Summer's last hurah.

Lately the Canadian Geese have been flying over in larger flocks both morning and evening. They never all leave but you can tell they feel Fall in the air. I went to lunch with some neighbors yesterday and noticed a slight change in the color of the leaves. It won't be long until there is a riot of color.we get some beautiful fall colors here but not nearly as much as I saw in Washington with Johnny. after living so long where the only seasons seemed to be hot and wet I am really enjoying all of the seasons.

Enjoy your rain Dawn and Michelle I hope you are cooling off too. Where do you live?

"lilyjohn"]Good morning all. I awoke to overcast skies this morning also. Just a slight chance of showers but maybe a better chance tomorrow night. Everything is so dry. We really need the rain. Temp got up to 104 yesterday but I am hoping that was Summer's last hurah.

Lately the Canadian Geese have been flying over in larger flocks both morning and evening. They never all leave but you can tell they feel Fall in the air. I went to lunch with some neighbors yesterday and noticed a slight change in the color of the leaves. It won't be long until there is a riot of color.we get some beautiful fall colors here but not nearly as much as I saw in Washington with Johnny. after living so long where the only seasons seemed to be hot and wet I am really enjoying all of the seasons.

Enjoy your rain Dawn and Michelle I hope you are cooling off too. Where do you live?

Lily....I live in the high desert of California.....Apple Valley. We just moved her 5 years ago from Pasadena. Sure is different here!!! :shock: