MS and NSCLC

kelli521

My husband, age 62 and a former smoker, was recently diagnosed with non-small cell adenocarcinoma of the lung. He has MS and a small metastic lesion was found on a routine MRI for MS. Because of neuropathy issues, he is starting on Alimta only without the "platinum" drugs. Not sure yet what they'll do about radiation, although he cannot have whole brain radiation because of MS. He had the brain tumor removed - they think they got all of it and can do radiation on just that spot. Does anyone have input on Alimta alone and lung cancer with MS? We're pretty scared right now but are trying to take it one day at a time. (I'm Kelli's mom.)

I do not have any info on Alimta with MS altho I was on Alimta. There is another member here who has MS and hopefully she will come along soon and give you some information.

I just really wanted to wish you and your husband good luck. If you don't get enough info here, you can go over to www.cancergrace.com and ask Dr. West. He and the other docs there are great and will answer your questions quickly.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Hugs - Patti B