RandyW

Vabion Announces Distribution Of Therapeutic Audio For Chemo Brain

Recovery store at Alan B. Pearson Regional Center is retail location

Published on October 21, 2009

by Trevor Dickerson

(OfficialWire)

RICHMOND, VA

Re-Tweet this article

VABION LLC (VABION) announces the first retail location to distribute its therapeutic audio for cognitive dysfunction known as chemo brain. The specially designed audio track series, titled “Meet Me In The Garden,” is now available on CD at the Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center in Lynchburg, VA. The company also provided listening devices for cancer patients in the infusion room, so that they could use the audio during treatment.

Dr. Susan Hardwicke, Chief Executive of VABION, said, “As a cancer survivor who experienced chemo brain, I needed help in reducing mental fog and anxiety, as well as increasing my focus. I designed the audio to help during the critical time during and after chemotherapy treatment.” Numerous test subjects who had chemotherapy or anxiety were connected to a brain wave monitoring device, which showed a marked improvement in the relaxed focus and “high stress”

Jane Simms, a massage therapist at the Alan B. Pearson Regional Medical Center, says, “I was very impressed with the CDs and kind of got mesmerized myself. I’m looking forward to using them with my patients. My hope is that they will do exactly what Dr. Hardwicke wants them to do- make people more relaxed and increase their focus to counter-act the chemo brain.”

About Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center

Designed with cancer patients and their families in mind, the Central Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center in Lynchburg, VA, combines a comprehensive array of services in a new center of hope and healing. A team of board-certified physicians and highly skilled clinicians collaborates on personalized treatment plans for patients and supports them through every step of their cancer journeys. In addition to radiation oncologists and medical oncologists, the multidisciplinary team includes a broad range of expertise from nurse practitioners and nurses to clinical trials, patient navigators, social workers and chaplaincy staff. For more information, visit http://www.centrahealth.com/services/cancercare.aspx.

About VABION LLC

Virginia-based VABION improves health and fitness through social media content and innovative nutraceutical products for cancer survivors and health consumers. Susan Hardwicke, Ph.D., founded the company in 2006 to develop products that take advantage of RNA’s cell signaling and energy-enhancing properties, and expanded the mission to include other health-related products and social media strategies for marketing them. The Company's products are distributed through vitamin retail stores, chain drug stores, specialty stores, gyms, convenience stores, online supplement stores, and its e-commerce website. Additional information is available at www.vabion.com and www.healthafterchemo.com.

About HealthAfterChemo.com

HealthAfterChemo.com offers a wide variety of assistance to help cancer survivors, oncology professionals, and cancer survivor families. HealthAfterChemo.com provides an overview of chemo brain and how to recover, as well as pain management resources, meal suggestions, targeted articles and news, and a supportive community.

The information and advice on HealthAfterChemo.com are grounded in cancer research, supplement research and evidence-based protocols. Dr. Susan Hardwicke, PH. D. and founder of HealthAfterChemo.com, believes cancer treatment centers will integrate Web 2.0 communities, such as www.HealthAfterChemo.com, into their web sites and oncology practices as cost-effective ways to meet patient needs. The survivor community is for those recovering from breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, leukemia, and other cancers.

Contact

Social Media Solutions

J Yu

j.yu@socialmediapull.com

Tel: (888-364-7771