Lung Cancer Blog - November - Lung Cancer Awareness Month

Barb73

http://lungcancer.about.com/b/2009/10/2 ... cancer.htm

ARTICLE:

. . . . . . . . .

I'm not always in the right place at the right time. Though I love doing anything to raise awareness and support those touched by lung cancer - I can't always get there. (And I think I wore out my excuse at home that I have to build up my frequent flyer miles...) No problem. I can walk anywhere on November 7th.

The Free to Breathe ® National Run/Walk for lung cancer will be held on November 7th 2009. No matter where you live, if shortness of breath limits your activity, or if you just prefer to march (or walk or run) to your own drummer, you can join others around the country to raise awareness about lung cancer.

At this time in October, I think most of us are aware of breast cancer. But lung cancer kills more women each year than breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and uterine cancer, combined. Ladies -- It is time we start walking, running, paddling, scrapbooking, climbing, or whatever it takes to raise awareness about lung cancer as well!

Still, nothing can beat the camaraderie of gathering with other lung cancer survivors, families, friends, and advocates to raise awareness. Check out Free to Breathe ® to see if there is an upcoming walk or yogathon (yes, performing the Sun Salutations to support those who have been touched by lung cancer), in your town.

If you still have energy left after your walk, or are not in a knot from those yoga stances, the National Lung Cancer Partnership has some more great ideas we can use anywhere, anytime, to help raise awareness and support for our loved ones living with lung cancer. Time to run - I sense a brainstorm forming...

. . . . . . . . .

(About.com, Lung Cancer Blog, Lynne Eldridge, October 26, 2009)

Disclaimer:

The information contained in these articles may or may not be in agreement with my own opinions. They are not being posted with the intention of being medical advice of any kind.