Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! 89 degrees at nearly 9 am. We're not getting much lower than that and into the nineties. Not unusual for summer here but seems we've had "into the 90s" for a more extended period of time this will. Will be traveling north soon but with no much hope of significantly lower temps. Difference usually is a bigger nighttime drop.

The new AT&T Uverse is great but I no longer love every new technological device. Again, it's just always disruptive. Move furniture and completely dismantle one of those shelves that lean against the wall so the guy could get to the phone jack. Now we have to dust and reassemble it all. Yuk.

Judy's cranky today. Awake til 1 am. Set my alarm for 7:30 am because I have chemo this morning. The energizer bunny's batteries just ran out.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 79 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 105. I'm off work tomorrow, so today is my Friday. I'm thinking I'll take the pedal kayak fishing tomorrow.

KW Judy, with all the HBO channels you get with Uverse, there's lots to watch. They repeat their series shows, too.

I'm another ice cream nut. These days, it's reduced fat ice cream or sherbet. I have some after dinner pretty much every day. But, I'm watching my weight closer this year. With the hot weather and all the miles I'm riding right now, I'll probably keep eating ice cream every day, but as soon as it gets cooler and my mileage gets less, it's a sure thing that my weight will take off and I'll be back to 30 calorie sugar free popsicles instead......LOL.

Have a great day, all!

Hello everyone. I have not been coming here for a while. My reasons are many and I will write about some of them in the grieving forum. I do see most of you on Facebook now so I tend to keep up a little with what is going on. To tell the truth sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed with the pain and suffering I see that I have to back off and do something frivolus.

Katie we are all so grateful to you and I really tip my hat to you for sticking by your convictions for so long. I know the work that you do is important but please put yourself and your family first. Those children grow up and leave so fast and the time you miss can not be recaptured.

Our weather here has not been nearly as hot for as long as normal. We have had only 1 day of temperature of 107 so far. We actually ended July in the 100 and below range and started August the same way. Only supposed to get into the 90s for the rest of this week and through the weekend. As you know we have very low humidity so those high temperatures are not nearly as bad as they sound. Low humidity actually makes the Heat Index go down.

I finally got my new dentures yesterday. I have a pretty sore mouth today. I think part of it is just getting used to them but I probably also need some adjustments. If not better I will go in tomorrow. I am trying to catch up on some things that I have been putting off.

I have decided to back out of most of the games on Facebook. I want to stay on Farmville and Frontierville but leave the others. They are just taking up too much of my time and some of them aren't going anywhere because so many are busy with their own and don't want to join any others. Many require a lot of friends or neighbors to move forward so I am just stuck. I am glad in a way. I have a lot to do before I leave on my trip to Louisiana in October. I also have much of my sewing and writing that I have neglected.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and thank all of you again for your sympathy on my loss of my Misty. She was a faithful companion to me for 8 years and the short time Johnny and I were together, also to him for 9 years. Many of you I know have gone through the loss of a pet even the loved one you lost's pet so you know what is going on inside of me without my saying. Again have a good day and I will try to do better keeping up with everything.