Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Can't believe it's 7 am already. Woke up at 4 with intestinal distress. Stayed in bed til 5 to let Stan get a little of his "alone time." Dominick was up right behind me so poor Stan missed the boat on that "alone time" this morning. They went to Denny's before six am. It's a guy thing so I don't go.

Am really starting to feel troubled by this gastrointestinal thing since they keep saying they see something in the abdomen. But this problem way preceeds my cancer dx and is definitely related to gas and bowel issues. I'll post somewhere else and ask anyone who has taken Alimta if they had similar problems. I know it worries Stan because he keeps telling me I'm worried lol.

Wish the good fairy would come and finish up all we have to do before take-off on Monday. Wendy and Tom will come to pick Dom up tomorrow so that will be a lost day. I am so tired.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone! It was 78 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 103. It's been over 100 degrees every day for a couple of weeks, now. It gets old when it's like this.

I rode to work all four days again this week. And, again, I'm taking tomorrow off and going fishing.

KW Judy, sorry you're having gastro issues. I hope it's better soon. Yes, my ride to work in seventy-something degree weather at dark thirty is fun. The ride home is at the very hottest part of the day, though.

MI Judy, nice photos! Olive is a cutie. Like Bruce, I don't get to view photos until I get home. I'm amazed at how much is blocked here at work. I was online shopping for something for work the other day, and ended up at a blocked site because, in addition to selling what I was looking for, they also sell gun stuff.

Eric, I joined AARP mostly because of the great rate they offered on auto insurance. Then, wouldn't you know it, after just one year, they were going to raise my insurance rate a lot, so I ended up getting insurance elsewhere, anyway.

But they do get you discounts on all kinds of stuff, and are a very powerful political lobby, looking out for the interests of older people. They're a little too left leaning for some people, but do have the clout to be worthwhile for most old f@rts like myself, I think. They may end up being the last ones defending my Social Security when I'm too old and feeble to work.

Have a great day, all!

Hey folks. Just plugging away here counting down the days.

Sorry to hear your having problems Judy in KW. Most people as we get older experience different medical issue's. But people who have been touched by cancer usually associate any medical issue's to the cancer. I know if I get a pain in my big toe or the flu, somehow I will turn it around so that it is cancer related in my mind. I forget that other people get the flu as well. Then I get all stressed out until a Doctor reassure's me that it is not cancer related or it goes away. So Judy if this problem preceded your diagnosis, then it is very unlikely that it is related.

Bud taking Friday's off and going fishing sound's like a great plan. Not sure in your area, but here it is not a good time of year for fishing. We have really deep lakes and with the warm weather, the fish go deep and do not bite as well. Usually early spring and the beginning of fall is the best fishing. You have to use downrigger's now just to get your line down near the fish.

Judy hope the stomache issues go away soon and that you can find some peace of mind. I can't imagaine how frightening it would be after cancer. Still as Bud said the older we get the more health issues we have.

Bud I sure do admire your persistance riding to and from work in that heat. We have had a fairly mild summer so far. Only had 2 days up to 107 with low humidity. Now next week we are supposed to have record breaking heat. Upto around 111 or more. Usually most if not all of August is over 100. I guess we need to be extra thankful for the 90s and even a few 80s we have had.

Bruce I think I missed the part about your retirement. I have been staying away for a while. A lot going on in my life and with my friends. Sometimes I just have to stand back for awhile.

Katie again I want to thank you and say how much I appreciate all that you do. I hope your trip is a safe and productive one. Hope too that you can find a few minutes for relaxation and a little fun. Take care and keep us posted.

I have mentioned in the past about my neighbor who has had a lot of problems. I have been there for her and at times it has been hard. It is so amazing to see the change in her sense she broke away from her sister in law. She has had to deal with that and then this idiot of a neighbor who picked on her. I think he is doing it to try and find a reason to try and get money from the owners of our property owners. Now on top of all of that she went to the doctor yesterday and he examined a mass she found in her rectum. On top of her weight loss I am very concerned. I know it could be something else but I am really worried about it being the worse afer she has finally got a life for herself.

She has been having problems and her sister in law refused the Medicare for her telling her that she couldn't afford it. Then she told her that her health issues were all in her head. She went to this doctor on her own for the first time and he is running a lot of tests. She is so glad that there is something so everyone won't think it is in her head that I don't think she realizes just how serious it could be.

I am afraid that I may have retired from my job but I still seem to be doing a lot of what I did while working. Just so many here with problems and if I can help it makes me feel like all I have been through was to bring me here to help what little that I can.

Anyway just want all of you to know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers even if I don't come here as often as I used to.