My Selfish Prayer

Laurie

I was told to pray for one selfish wish for 2004....so I prayed for my Mothers to stay cancerfree and for my strength to be free from anxieties so I can continue to support others who face the same battles.

Amen

Help together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many ...

God Bless you my friends

Corinthians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort. Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through christ. Now if we are affected it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings. If we are comforted it is for your consolation and salvation and our hope is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings so also you will partake in consolation.

"Many think when God comforts us our troubles should go away. But if that were so people would turn to God only out of a desire to be relieved of pain and not of our love for him. We must understand that being comforted can also mean recieving strength encouragement and hope to deal with our troubles. The more we suffer the more God gives us. If you are feeling overwhelmed allow God to Comfort you and Remember that every trial that you endure will allow you to comfort and be comforted by those with similar troubles.

It is not selfish if it is a prayer for another's welfare. Anyway, our Lord encourages us to pray for ourselves as well as for others. God hears all prayers -- his answers are not always what we envision, but it is the best answer for us. He also takes his own time to answer and is always timely. Best to you, Laurie, and to your mother. Don

Laurie,

It was not a selfish wish. I pray that your mom and myself are blessed with a cure and long life. We are truly blessed by our Lord and every day and breath we take is a gift from our Lord, Christ. You have asked that we all be blessed and I thank you. I thank Him every day for all that he does. I pray for myself every day as well as all the people I know and love. That includes everyone on this forum. You are all my family too.

Peace, prayers and God Bless

Karen