getting attention

lilyjohn

I am not quite sure if I am posting this in the right place or not but thought it should be brought to the members of our group here. I wouldn't really call it Lung Cancer in the news.

The soap opera "The Bold and the Beautiful" is featuring one of their lead characters as a stage 4 lung cancer patient. There is much to be said about the way they are handling the issue.

First of all it may be a little misleading when they show her at first not wanting treatment then suddenly changing her mind and the doctor agrees to operate that day. They speak of brain mets and that they usually treat them first.

The thing that is good about what they are doing is that not only are they bringing more attention to Lung Cancer but they are really pushing the issue of HOPE and Determination and what effect they can have on the outcome of a persons treatment. I think this is wonderful. It is about time someone address those issues. I just wish they would have given more publicity to the problems that bad attitude can and does cause.

Still it is more than is usually addressed and there is still time so maybe they will show more of the real side of lung cancer and the people it effects.