Friday's Air

Ann

Even though I'm still among the ranks of the unemployed, I am thrilled to see this Friday come to an end. I guess after a life time of working, that Friday feeling is just embedded in my soul....lol!!!

It has been so hot here today and I have been in a lazy, do nothing mood all afternoon. I got quite a bit accomplished this morning but that energetic mood ended about 1:00, when I finally gave in and took a nap. I hate filing mail and paperwork, so I had let a stack accumulate on the end of my counter. I am proud to say that the stack is gone and everything has either been tossed or filed. So...the day wasn't a complete waste.

I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend. I have to speak tomorrow night at a roast for one of our Auxiliary presidents. I have never "roasted" anyone before and I'm a little apprehensive about it.

Hope everyone has been having a nice Friday!!!

Ann in Florida

Ann - I work for myself so Friday is no longer quite the day it used to be - but mentally nothing has changed. I am always happy to see Friday come and still don't like Mondays at al :) I hope the "roast" goes well.

Nothing to report where I am - same old thing: heat, smoke and bad air. Decided to do some cleaning and came across what looks like a black widow (I know my husband will say I'm imaging things but I'm not) while I was cleaning and it ran under the sofa - so I'm freaked out about that. I even got out some bug spray (which of course I should never use with my lungs) and that didn't work. Told the dogs to "get it", but they just sat looking at me like I'd lost it. So now I'm hanging out at the other end of the house until my husband gets home. As you can probably tell - I HATE SPIDERS!

This weekend I'm going to take a page from Susan's book and tackle some projects - one at a time and hope to get something accomplished - after the spider is dead of course.

Have a good weekend everyone.