CAM

I am quite pleased to find this alternative section of the group. I was recently diagnosed for the second time. The dr and stats say I can not be cured...but no one knows, do they ☺ I started chemo (alimta/carbo) have had one treatment, and tomorrow will be the second bloodcheck, with the second treatment next week. In addition, I have developed, with advice from others in the same sitution and a biomedical researcher's advice, a regime of supplements. Next month I will add in the IV VIT C treatments. I feel comfortable with this, even though they say that chemo will not really do much for BAC. I feel this is using all the tools available to me. Interestingly, after my first treatment, I had a mole dry up and fall off. I was told from other patients that alimta is most likely the reason,as it also is used to treat melanomas (they say). The theory is that it finds melanoma cells and kills them. I have a second mole doing the same.

please keep us updated on how your doing and how your doing it??!!! so few go that route it is great to hear advice and updates from someone who is doing this treatment method. Thanks and prayers and hugs always..

I agree with Randy - great to see someone going this route. I have been dx two times also, and did a clinical trial although not alternative therapies. As for the BAC - I was also told my squamous cell wouldn't necessarily respond well and so far so good -- they just don't know everything.

Please keep us posted.

I took in my list of supplements to be added to my file so they would know what I was taking, along with web addresses on the reasoning. (If allowed, I will share) I had promised my nurse nothing bizarre. I go for my second round of chemo on Monday. I am praying (and practicing visulization) for my xray as well.

I read that the more chemo treatments one has, the more symptoms (illness from it) that one will have in-between...does anyone have imput on that?

It seems the side effects of most chemos are cummulative - which is why there are limits to how many treatments most people can receive of some of the more potent chemo drugs. And some of the side effects can become permanent with enough use. Add to that the fact that everyone reacts differently to the different drugs, and it can be hard to tell how an individual will do. Some people seem to breeze through and others struggle a little more. Unfortunately you won't know until you get there - but they do have much better drugs today to help with the side effects than they used to.

I wasn't allowed to take any supplements during chemo except for a multi-vitamin. During my clinical trial, they seemed pretty open to whatever I wanted to try. The only thing I remember the doctor putting his foot down on was raw milk.