A series of great videos coming straight from the Targeted

NikoleV

A series of great videos coming straight from the Targeted Therapies in Lung Cancer Conference

February 24th, 2013 - by Dr. Jack West

http://expertblog.lungevity.org/2013/02 ... ca-vids-1/

I just attended a meeting in Los Angeles, called the 13th Annual International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) Targeted Therapies in Lung Cancer conference. It brings together dozens of leading lung cancer researchers to provide updates to each other and a broader audience of lung cancer community members about the latest new agents and research avenues for clinical research in lung cancer. While there, I had the opportunity to sit down with many of my colleagues, who were kind enough to share their thoughts on many very current issues in the field. Here are the first few of them.

Dr. William Pao on the My Cancer Genome Project

Dr. Geoffrey Oxnard: What is an Inherited EGFR T790M Mutation, and What Does It Mean?

Dr. Lecia Sequist on Molecular Marker Testing in Advanced NSCLC: What, Who, and When?

Dr. David Spigel: What are the Most Promising Targeted Therapies for Lung Cancer in the Next Few Years?

Dr. Greg Riely: How Should We Approach Acquired Resistance to Targeted Therapies in Advanced NSCLC?

Click on the link above to view the videos listed.

We’ll be producing more of these pretty close to every day. I’ll deliver posts here with links to all of these new videos, but if you want to see them as soon as they’re out, check out my Twitter feed (@JackWestMD).

I hope you find these helpful. These are truly the people with the most cutting edge knowledge in the field of lung cancer. You’ll see that they don’t all agree on every question, but that reflects the ambiguity still within the field, even among the most knowledgeable people around.

We thank these experts for their generosity with their time and expertise in providing this information to the lung cancer community.