hi my name is Julz and my dad has lung cancer

Julz7881

Hi my name is Julz and my dad was diagnosised last January with stage 4 lung cancer. He was doing really good but now he seems to be slipping away. It rips my heart apart to see him this way. It breaks my heart to see my children cry thinking about thier grandpa passing away (oldest is 14 and youngest is 3).

Julz,

It rips my heart also.  I'm sure you will do everything you can to ensure your dad has a wonderful Christmas and New Year's celebration with your family.

Stay the course.

Tom

It Ripped My Heart. 

Thank your dad for being the only person who can make you simultaneously groan and laugh. We honestly can't thank them enough for everything they did for us.

Our prayers are always with you.

Hi Julz,

Welcome to the LCSC message boards. My heart hurts for you and your family. Does your dad have a nurse navigator that he speaks with often? Maybe (s)he could offer some new advice?

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julz,

i am so sorry to hear what you and your family are going through.  My dad just got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer so I know that time will come for us also!  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

My dad was diagnosed in August with stage 4 lung cancer.  We can see him aging fast also.  He's lost 55 pounds and is weak and sometimes confused.  Nobody has told us how much longer we should expect to have him with us; but I continue to help him, tell him I love him, take time and patience with him and be aware of all his needs.   Pictures!  Take lots of pictures, find ways to laugh with him and encourage family and friends to visit with him.  We have done this for my dad and hold on tightly to every day we have him with us.  My heart breaks daily.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.