emotional roller coaster since being diagnosed this November

mollyann

I am new to this site as of today 12-30.  I was diagnosed with stage 2 lung cancer.  I should be grateful that the cancer was found at an earlier stage 2 when I was hospitalized with pnemonia last month.   I feel angry one minute and sad the next.  I am also in fear of my upcoming lung surgery in 2 weeks.   Trying to stay positive and hopeful.   Feeling very lost and wondering if my life will have joy again.  My husband of 30 years is Very loving and supportive and I feel bad when I get sad around him.  Searching for hope!

Welcome Mollyann.  Glad you found us. 

It is great that they found that tumor and that you will be able to have surgery in a couple of weeks.

Surgery is tough but you will get over it.  Glad to hear that you have your husband for support.

We want to help too   Please let us know what questions you have.  

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  This can be beat.  I was a later stage and am

still here writing to you  Wishing you the best

Donna G

Mollyann,

Welcome here.  Lung cancer is a frightening disease.  But since you are in line for surgery, you may be lucky they found it early enough that your cancer is treatable through surgery.  You'll likely want to read about your disease and here is a good source:  http://www.lungevity.org/about-lung-cancer/lung-cancer-101

Hope is important to search for but I've found a positive attitude as to treatment and outcomes is also vital in your battle of our disease.  You will have a life after treatment.  It will be a different life but it can be very fulfilling and rewarding.  Ask your practitioners if they know of a cancer support group nearby where you can attend and express your concerns about treatment and side effects.  Ensure your husband accompanies you to each doctor consultation and write down your questions before your consultation so you can ensure they are addressed.  Four ears are always better than two in listening to an oncologist or surgeon explanations and treatment alternatives.

You'll have many questions.  This is a good place to ask.

Stay the course.

Tom