Ct scan, where can I get feedback/posted 3 times

Jg_miller

I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in January 2016. Started Opdivo in June after 6 sessions of platinum chemo. Each ct scan has shown no new growth and no new cancer, which is good. My last ct scan showed no growth in the original spot on my lung but did show several new minuscule spots. My oncologist and myself decided to continue the current Opdivo therapy and revaluate with the next ct scan in 7 weeks. Has anyone had this experience with Opdivo and if so, was there improvement when the original treatment was continued or more growth and a switch to a new therapy?

Hi, Jg,

I apologize that you haven't heard from anyone yet. I will share a link to your post in the NSCLC thread on the Lung Cancer Support Community Facebook page and encourage anyone with experience on Opdivo to respond.

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jg_miller,

I'm so sorry about your lack of response. I recall your post from earlier, and I believe I unintentionally hijacked your thread and responded with my own issues, which was not only rude, but completely unrelated to Opdivo!

I haven't taken Opdivo; I've only seen the commercials. My doctor recently sent my tumor tissue out for genetic testing, and I jokingly mentioned that I notice all the crazy commercials *now* that I have lung cancer. He said that's part of it, but the marketing *is* stronger for lung cancer this past year due to recent developments. I find that very hopeful. 

Did you receive the genetic marker testing? Also, did your doctor test for PDL1? My doctor was talking about that, and so I've only recently learned about it. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, by the way; I thought this might be another means of keeping the thread active. :-) 

I'm very interested in hearing responses from others who have taken Opdivo. 

Meloni

Hi....Opdivo does not require a generic marker according to my oncologist. I have no genetic markers and have taken Opdivo since June 2016. Until last ct scan, there has been no new growth and no new cancer. A few minuscule spots did show up on the last ct scan. We will watch for further growth the next ct scan.. It is possible they will be gone, that's what we are praying for. The only side effects with the Opdivo has been some fatigue and different degrees of muscle aches. I can tell when there is a weather change is coming! There is a lot of new research and trials for lung cancer. It is hopeful. Immunotherapy is a big one. I know there is something great coming. I will battle on!

Jennifer

• 3 weeks later...

I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in January 2016. Started Opdivo in June after 6 sessions of platinum chemo. Each ct scan has shown no new growth and no new cancer, which is good. My last ct scan showed no growth in the original spot on my lung but did show several new minuscule spots. My oncologist and myself decided to continue the current Opdivo therapy and revaluate with the next ct scan in 7 weeks. Has anyone had this experience with Opdivo and if so, was there improvement when the original treatment was continued or more growth and a switch to a new therapy?