Hi

Iamaware

Hi. I am Kim and I live here in the Philippines..My boyfriend who works in Saudi was diagnosed with stage 2 lung carcinoma cancer.. I am searching for some infos about that type of cancer then I saw this forum on the article I'm reading so I decided to join.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Yups. Thanks Mally.. When he told me about that news, I was really shocked cause he's always healthy and fit.. I haven't talked personally to his doctor cause he was diagnosed in Saudi and all his records were there so I really have no idea about his condition till now. He said he's going to undergo chemo and radio once he got back there this March that's why I'm really anxious because I know the side effects of that treatment. All I have were infos I got from the net and I'm afraid of some results I've read.

I have had the lower left lobe and a wedge section taken with surgery last month and im having my second infusion of chemo in the morning so i dont have the best advice on chemo because im very new to it but someone else that has had chemo and radiotherapy will buzz in soon to give you advice

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Iamaware,

Welcome here and very sorry to hear of your boyfriend's diagnosis.  You mentioned he has Stage II lung cancer but you don't mention the type.  There are two major types and many subtypes.  The information about types is important because each is treated differently and so telling us about it allows us to share our treatment experience with you that you might pass on to your boyfriend.  Here is some basic information about types of lung cancer.

If you are comfortable, let us know more details about his diagnosis.  If not, feel free to read the forum and information at LUNGevity.org.  Both are good sources of information about lung cancer.  And, of course, we're happy to answer any questions you might have.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi, Kim,

Welcome to LCSC. I am sorry for what you and your boyfriend are going through, but you have come to a great place for information and support. I hope that you will connect with many of our members in this online community who are patients/survivors, caregivers, and advocates. Tom has already provided you with some great advice. You will find a lot of information on LUNGevity's website. If you can share more details about your boyfriend's diagnosis, we may be able to answer some of your questions. I am also happy to help you find educational and support resources. You are not alone!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Thank sir/mam for your response..I'll be willing to provide infos about his condition once I have them but all I know now are basic infos only based on what he told me.. I've never even seen any medical reports of him because all of his records were in Saudi where he was diagnosed..Later part this year, if Our Almighty God permits, I'll fly there to be his aid while undergoing treatments..