Follow up scans

Mally

Im just wondering whether you guys completed your chemo before getting a scan done or had one half way through ? My oncologist said ill have a full body ct scan on completion of chemo ....but im thinking what if chemo isnt working ? And im having carboplatin and Gemsitabine combination but havent seen anyone else on that ?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Im just wondering whether you guys completed your chemo before getting a scan done or had one half way through ? My oncologist said ill have a full body ct scan on completion of chemo ....but im thinking what if chemo isnt working ? And im having carboplatin and Gemsitabine combination but havent seen anyone else on that ?

I completed chemo before having a scan. Also did the same a few laters with recurrence. (Carboplatin & Taxol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one half way through, but we're all different, so don't be worried about a different schedule with a different treatment on a different schedule. My first protocol was cargo/taxol/avastin every three weeks for four treatments. 

Mally,

I had both in-process chemo scans and post chemo scans.  My first line treatment was assessed by a post chemo scan and my second and third line treatments were mid cycle scans.

If you are concerned, have a discussion with your chemo nurse.  Perhaps your doc has a reason for waiting till treatment is complete and the nurse might be able to explain that reason.  I was fortunate to be treated at a small clinic and my chemo nurses were often able to have real-time interactions with my oncologist.  In any event, I'd ask the nurse why?

Stay the course.

Tom

I had surgery in January and that wouldve been it but they found a few lymph nodes with cancer so thats why the chemo so i guess they dont know if the cancer has gone to distant places via the lymphatic system or just making sure with the chemo. I was first set to have a different combination of drugs but was told because of my long history of diabetes one of the drugs is known to cause neuropathy so they changed it to gem / carbo combination and that will be 2 extra rounds to the original plan and i dont know what the original was going to be though