Mrs Michelle Holdsworth

Mshell

Hi are there any Sclc survivors on this forum I’m looking for some hope my husband diagnosed July 2017 ! We live in the UK / we are told a 5 year survival rate at best ? 

Michelle, first and foremost you have my prayers for you and your husband.

The amount and quality of the research being done should reassure you to some extent. Every day they are coming up with something new to fight this thing that we have. Never give up hope and communicate with your husbands Doctors. Do some research and talk to the Doctors about the information you find.

My cancer team has been my best source of positivity. Being a caregiver is almost as bad as being a patient. Stay strong and come back and let us know how it’s going. We are all with you!!

Ron

Hi, Michelle,

Welcome to LCSC. My name is Lauren and I'm the Digital Community Manager for LUNGevity Foundation. I will be happy to help you navigate this forum, connect with other caregivers and survivors living with SCLC, and direct you toward helpful resources and information.

In addition to existing treatment approaches for SCLC, several promising new treatment approaches are being developed. You can learn more on LUNGevity's Lung Cancer 101 website. You will find most people impacted by SCLC in this forum. Please feel free to explore the discussion boards, ask questions, and join the ongoing conversations.

We are here for you,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived