SCLC

Dinaa

I joined recently the forum because my beloved relative is facing SCLC and i need to support her and also i need to know facts

She is diagnosed since last august 2018 with extensive SCLC metastasing to liver lymph nodes and bone. After treatment with cisplatin for 4 cycles (each cycle for 3days and repeated every 3 weeks) tumor disappeared from every place except small lymph node so she continued cisplatin for othe cycle .after a month in february 2019 ,she complained of blurred and double vision and MRI showing tiny brain tumours then we staarted radiation and we are in the 4th session and the doctor recommended 10 sessions

Kindly advise or share with me similar stories 

Dinaa,

Welcome here.  Very sorry to learn about your relative.  I understand your relative is experiencing several (many) small brain tumors and unfortunately, that is common with SCLS.  A point of clarification -- is your relative receiving whole brain radiation or precision radiation?  

All lung cancer is prone to recurrence.  SCLC is the most difficult of all lung cancers to arrest. Whole brain radiation works but there may be some short lived or perhaps long duration side-effects. These are difficult to characterize.  I've not had whole brain radiation but know lung cancer survivors who've been treated. I do hope the treatment is successful.

I note you are from Alexandria Egypt.  Ive been to that city many times. In my younger years, I was a peacekeeper in the Sinai Desert and this afforded me the opportunity to explore your beautify country. I well remember standing at the Alexandria harbor and looking out where the famous Lighthouse of Alexandria was located. I've been to the Pyramids at Giza, the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, and spent lots of money at the Khan el-Khalili. 

Keep us appraised of your relative's treatment.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Tom,

she has percision radiation  but no response till now. She is in her fifth session

thanks for your reply

you are welcome in egypt at any time☺️

Archived