Chemo and immunotherapy along with Radiation for SCLC

Hament

Hi, my father had been dx with SCLC in January and underwent the cycles of carboplatin+ etoposide + tecentriq (immunotherapy) with fairly good response. Now his onco team are planning to do radiation (IGRT) along with carbo+ etoposide. 
They are saying adding tecentriq to the regime will be too toxic. Has anyone undergone/going through chemo+immunotherapy+ radiation simultaneously ? Prompt response would be of great help

My diagnosis was in Feb and I started carboplatin+ etoposide with tecentriq right away. They said that when I'm done with chemo, I'd continue tecentriq for the rest of my life. No mention of radiation for my lung anyway, but I'll undergo it for my brain met later. Wondering why the issue with tecentriq? I've had no issues with it. I did, however, have sever allergic reactions to etoposide. Maybe it's true when they say each patient is unique. Apparently my allergic reaction was very rare. Could your father be allergic to tecentriq?

That's what we were told when there were no plan of Radiation. Since his radiation onco said that they can cover the zone with radiation now.. hence this question arises..

Although we were also told that tecentriq would continue for rest of life

How many cycles of chemo they planned for you?

Your is limited or extensive?

As in my father case there were some degenerative changes in his spine and they took it as extensive.. Hence we started tecentriq initially

I have 2 more chemo sessions,  and just had my first CT scan to gauge progress. Think there's been some, but haven't met with the Dr yet so don't know for sure. I will be going through brain radiation soon, and hope that works to kill my brain met. It's great that you are your dad's advocate! Keep up that extremely important role. You are, and should continue to be, the one who keeps pressing his medical team for clarification for your dad. My wife does that for me. I'm a very lucky guy! She makes darned sure that we understand all the whys of every single decision made. I know I can't do that effectively. Lots of stuff going on, and she's able to filter through the noise and ask about important stuff. We are, like you guys, new to this sclc thing. All I want is to get. back to golf and my family. Am sure your dad would also like to get back to the old normal too. Keep pressing for answers from his medical team as the advocate for your dad.

Yes we have changed onco team as previous one was more or less interested in palliative care while his new onco team is going with curative intent..keep up the spirit you will be playing golf very soon.

Hoping for speedy recovery for you also

Hament

Archived