Pleural mets

ale

Hi, my mother have Lc Egfr+ with only pleural mets and takes Tarceva from dicember; last Pet (24/08) have parzial remission and this is my question: Can she have total remission on pleura?? At october she have also a "talcaggio" for water in lung... sorry for my english but I'm italian...she have nothing mets... only pleural... thanks and kiss!!!

Ale,

Tua madre può avere una remissione totale dal carcinoma polmonare EGFR + con Tarceva? Sì! Tua madre ha avuto un versamento pleurico? Sfortunatamente, questo è comune per quelli con cancro ai polmoni. Speriamo che lo scarico del fluido abbia aiutato. È stato testato da un patologo per determinare se il cancro ha smesso di metastatizzare?

Mantenere la rotta.

Tom

English Translation

Can your mother have total remission from lung cancer EGFR+ with Tarceva? Yes!

Did your mom have a pleural effusion? Unfortunately, this is common for those with lung cancer. Hopefully, the fluid drain helped. Was it tested by a pathologist to determine if the cancer has stopped metastasizing?

Stay the course. 

Tom, mia mamma ha avuto un versamento pleurico ad ottobre del 2018, prima di sapere che era Egfr positivo e quindi prima di iniziare Tarceva; fu sottoposta a talcaggio sempre ad ottobre e scoprimmo che vi era un interessamento della pleura, da allora non è più un formato diverso e ha iniziato la terapia mirata a 100mg di Tarceva. All'ultima Pet (24/07) il nodulo captava meno e nella pleura alcune zone di captazione sono scomparse e le rimanenti captavano poco... niente altro nel corpo...pensi siamo nella giusta direzione per una remissione completa? Grazie e un augurio di cuore per il tuo controllo... Ciao

Inoltre prossimamente forse sarà sottoposta a radiazioni sia sul nodulo primario che sui restanti punti malati della pleura, è una mossa giusta? Il radioterapia dice che il nodulo può essere bombardato più volte per la sua posizione mentre per la pleura è più cauto ma ugualmente propositivo, si può sperare di eliminare completamente la malattia?? L'ultime analisi del sangue misuravano a 5 il valore del markers CEA, se può servire come ulteriore informazione... Grazie ancora Tom! Ciao

Ale,

Your translations of posts today:

First one: Tom, my mom had a pleural effusion in October 2018, before knowing that it was positive Egfr and therefore before starting Tarceva; it was always talcated in October and we discovered that there was an involvement of the pleura, since then it is no longer a different format and has started Tarceva's 100mg targeted therapy. At the last Pet (24/07) the nodule picked up less and in the pleura some catchment areas disappeared and the remaining ones caught little ... nothing else in the body ... do you think we are in the right direction for a complete remission? Thank you and best wishes for your control ...

Second one: Excuse me, after the talc of last October the pleural effusion has not been reformed anymore ... Thanks

Third one: Furthermore, it may soon be subjected to radiation both on the primary nodule and on the remaining diseased areas of the pleura, is it a right move? Radiotherapy says that the nodule can be bombarded several times due to its position while for the pleura it is more cautious but equally proactive, can we hope to completely eliminate the disease ?? The last blood test measured the value of the CEA markers at 5, if it can serve as further information ... Thanks again Tom!

My response: Yes I think Tarceva is having an effect. If I understand correctly, she has a primary (lung) and metastasis in the pleural. The PET in July showed less uptake and some areas in the pleural showed no uptake so I think this is the right direction for no evidence of disease (NED). I understand the pleural effusion occurred only once last October and has not occurred since and that is another good sign. You state her primary and the pleural metastasis will receive [stereotactic] radiation and ask if this is the right move. My view, absolutely. I am a big fan of frying tumors. stereotactic radiation is likely the reason I'm alive today.

Stay the course.

Tom

Translation: Sì, penso che Tarceva abbia un effetto. Se ho capito bene, ha un primario (polmone) e metastasi nella pleurica. La PET a luglio ha mostrato meno assorbimento e alcune aree nella pleurica non hanno mostrato assorbimento, quindi penso che questa sia la direzione giusta per nessuna evidenza di malattia (NED). Capisco che il versamento pleurico si è verificato solo una volta lo scorso ottobre e non si è verificato da allora e questo è un altro buon segno. Dichiarate la sua metastasi primaria e pleurica riceverà radiazioni [stereotassiche] e chiederete se questa è la mossa giusta. La mia opinione, assolutamente. Sono un grande fan dei tumori da frittura. la radiazione stereotassica è probabilmente la ragione per cui sono vivo oggi.

Mantenere la rotta.

Tom

Archived