Good News Maybe

lilyjohn

Lillian,

I came here just to see your news, and I'm so sorry it is what it is. :cry: It does sound like they MEANT to hire you, and whatever made that not happen, I bet it had nothing to do with you. Maybe the owner had the hots for the next person they interviewed. Maybe someone else there suddenly popped up with a relative that needed a job. Maybe they were just afraid all the guests would like you more than them. :wink: Whatever -- It's their loss!!!

I really do believe that this just means there's something out there even better for you. Sometimes things that look great are really just "good enough," -- so I will hope that you find the "just right" thing real soon. Is there any way you can start your own business or service?

I know that old "clean the house" trick. Works for me, too -- just scrub the livin' daylights out of something. :twisted:

Thinking of you,

BeckyCW

Lillian I am so sorry about the job.

I too am currently looking for a new job, and it is very frustrating. I do have a job, but one that really stresses me out. I like the work but the people are horrible to work with and intolerant. The recently hired someone else to do the job that I have been doing since last June (without the title and pay) and I was given no excuse as to why I wasn't considered. I only heard through other supervisors that it is because my boss feels I can't commit because of Keith's illness. I can't continue to work for a man like that.

However, it has been impossible to find another job. I've sent out about 100 resumes for two months now. I am willing to travel up to an hour in any direction from my home. And in all that I've only had 4 interviews and no offers yet. Job hunting is very frustrating, but I refuse to take it personal as I know from the point of veiw of someone who did interviewing and hiring for my company that the job market is very hard right now. For every opening I would get 20+ qualified applicants, as there are so many people out of work right now. It would always come down to something silly such as a person who has more computer skills, even if the job didn't require computer. I just would have too many qualified people to choose from and had to devise some way to choose just one. So, I usually figure these places I am applying to are the same way. It will happen eventually we just have to be patient and keep trying until we are the one that has that little edge. I have no doubt that you will find something wonderful, as you have such a beautiful soul and wonderful personality that any company would be sorry not to hire you.

I will add your job search to my list of prayers.

Carleen