Scanxiety and Next Steps

GBJ

Hi GBJ,

Having recently experienced a combo of NED of original tumours but growing metastases I am a poster child for the weird ways of immunotherapy. Even the top oncology team here don’t have a solid scientific explanation for this type of thing. Pseudoprogression isn’t super common, but it does happen, so fingers crossed that is all.

Even with the uncertainty raised by your friend, I’d still go ahead with the molecular testing if you are in a position to. In my various immuno groups, there are a fair few people who have moved on to targeted therapies and have done well on them, so if it is covered by insurance it is worth looking into as a next step. 
Take care, Rikke

@RJNThanks. Still working on getting the molecular testing done.

The last was done during original diagnosis, using the biopsy samples. Now trying to get the liquid biopsy based testing done.

Another question, do doctor's prescribe adjuvent radiotherapy for stage 4. I have some  in the lymph nodes, just wondering if radiotherapy would work. My doctor never mentioned it.

Thanks

@GBJ - yes, adjuvant radiotherapy in combination with systemic treatments (immuno, chemo or targeted) is fast becoming the gold standard for stage four cancers with limited metastases (oligometastatic). Personally I had conventional to my lung and lymph nodes, and SABR to my adrenal metastasis. Lots of trials are ongoing, with stellar results. I have quite a lot of cancer mates who had this combo and all are faring well a few years in. So worth asking. 

• 1 month later...