New member Jeff

Recently diagnosed 3/8/23 with nsclc with EGFR+ exon 19 mutation. I’m stage 4 with primary in upper left lobe and pleural malignancy. Started Tagrisso targeted therapy for 6 weeks now. I’m being treated at Karmanos Cancer Institute by Dr Uprety.  I’m having first CT update this Thursday with blood biopsy(Guardant). My symptoms of wheezing and left side pain have improved . Still have pain in mid back and below armpits. This concerns me most right now is pain symptoms. I want to be aggressive in treatment but told the Tagresso targeted therapy is all for now. 

Jeff,

Welcome here.

We'll cross our fingers for good scans on Thursday. The first scan during a new therapy is a tough one. Well, in reality, all scans for this disease are hard to take. I'd be concerned about your pain symptoms also but Tagresso is good stuff, and most I know experience smaller tumors and no progression. Let's hope this is your outcome also. Welcome to the high "Scanziety" club!

Stay the course.

Tom