Banner

Andrea

Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a banner or how to make one? Since I am the lung cancer booth for the Relay for Life I want to put a sign up by my campsight.

I am the biggest klutz and least creative and artistic person on earth, so any ideas would be appreciated :) Thank yoU!

Andrea,

I'll see if we have one, already, that you could borrow -- and I'll also check into how much it would cost to have one made. Sounds like we might need banners, and maybe we could get one made and just ship it to people to use and send back. We shall see! Depends on costs. :roll:

BeckyCW

Thanks! I think I will purchase one, Katie already said I can do "Lung Cancer may be only just a breath away........www.lchelp.com" and then it can be a sign I use over and over and can lend out. I want to keep it generic for future use instead of putting my Relay for Life team on it.

I am checking prices on the internet as well. Crazy how expensive they are! :)

Suggestion, Andrea, from one who has gone through ordering banners, signs, etc., on the job. DON'T order from someone online where you cannot see a "live" representation of their work... Less expensive is not always better, ESPECIALLY if it's something you want to reuse.

Better to pay for quality the first time than have to replace it - no cost savings in that.

Becky

The local "Sign Depot" does good work on the banners my organization uses, for reasonable prices. We found that prices vary widely from shop to shop, and like the other Becky says, it pays to get one that will last. (Sounds like Katie got a good one.)

We use our banners over and over, shipping them all over the country, and they hold up well. If you want to get info/prices from our vendor, they are in Monrovia, CA at: (626) 357-9877. Our contact is Ben; tell him the National Childhood Cancer Foundation referred you, and you want their cheapest rate! :wink: IF they turn out to be the best deal, I could pick it up and mail or bring it to save mailing costs.

To keep prices down, one possibility would be to limit the wording on the banner and use the slogan on a smaller sign and fliers you hand out at the booth. Just a thought.

BeckyCW