Fran Conteduca

Guest Jonathan2

Guest Jonathan2

I am very sorry and sad that Frances Conteduca, from the Chicago suburbs, has passed away yesterday, (6/5/03) in her Melrose Park home under the care of hospice and of course, her family. Many of you may remember her posts here about a month ago - they are still on here I think. Over the course of a a couple of months Fran and I became close phone buddies, and I was able to find out what a charming personality for life Fran had, and that she was very loved by her grandchildren and family. Fran was on her last chemo option and Fran knew that as her oncologist told her that this was the last bullet she had for her try. Fran still hopfully tried to get well on that drug, but unfortunately it had no effect on the resistant cancer, and it was spreading fast. I had the research oncology team from the University of Chicago Hospitals Center for Advanced Medicine call Fran , to discuss phase I studies of new drugs for resistant SCLC, and she was very interested. Shortly after that Fran ended up in the hospital with an infection and a low white cell count. During that time she grew weaker and weaker, and was increasingly, becoming worn out and tired. We spoke after she got out of the hospital and we discussed what she wanted to do, and she decided tha it was best for her to stop now and spend the time she had with her family at home. That was just a week and a half ago.

This wonderful, courageous woman will be remembered on here, and I am sure she will help all of us here to do better. I can feel Fran's spirit here as I type this. Fran was 59 years old. She will be missed.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Its so quick!!! It hurts my heart to know that as recent as a month ago we were chatting with Fran and now she left us. It angers me. scares me and definitely saddens me.

She sounds like a very brave and loved person. She is now at peace and can quit her war against that damn cancer.

Jonathan,

Under the forum of Im Memory of, question are being asked of you to get more information about Fran.

Also, Jonathan, if you would register, we could email you or post a message. Just a thought.

Thanks

Rickey

Guest bessb

I am so sad and upset. Fran was one of the first people to welcome me to these boards. She was a super lady. I hate this disease

Bess B

Thanks for the information and I hope you dont mind that I copied your post and quoted it in the "In Memory of" Section.

Appreciate the updates.

Rick