Heather's letter - SELF Article - Suggestion

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

In Lung Cancer in the News Forum, Heather posted that the August issue of SELF has an article on lung cancer. She also said she had written them last November about covering lung cancer...but they had not responded to her. I posted:

Heather,

Maybe that was their response. Who's to say it wasn't YOUR letter? I stopped buying zines when I went on disability (too much $$ for too little info) so I don't know what's "in".

Please if anyone has magazines that do this type of article, look inside the cover to the editor's address and write them.

It would also be very nice if you could e-mail that address to me and I will also write. I'm taking a brief respite from reading the board. I may cross post this in Activism.

cat_odair@earthlink.net

Cat

In response to the Self Magazine article, I wrote a thank you to the magazine. They contacted me this week to thank me for my response and ask my permission to publish my submission in October's issue, I guess in the "letters to the editor" section or something. That would be cool! :wink:

Heather,

That's GREAT! I get Self magazine but I'm behind and haven't picked up the August issue yet. (haven't been taking enough baths lately, I guess... That's when I read that one most. :wink: ) I'll go find it, read the article, and then watch for your letter in the October issue.

You go, girl!

BeckyCW