newbie!

DEBBY

Hi, My name is Debby and I have small cell carcinoma lung cancer. I am currently undergoing radiation treatments, of which I have 2 and 1/2 more weeks to go. I havefused to undergo the chemo.

I look forward to the conversations and support from this group. God bless us all...

Welcome Debby,

I'm sorry to learn of your diagnosis but glad you found us.  Small cell lung cancer is indeed challenging to arrest.  Here is a short synopsis of the disease that might have some useful information.

You ought to be in the energy loss portion of radiation with 2.5 weeks to go.  My first course of radiation was the inverse of March: it came in like a lamp and went out like a lion.  For the first couple of weeks, I thought it would be a piece of cake, then starting the third week of treatment, I ran out of gas.

Let us know how your treatment progresses.

Stay the course.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Debby.

I just finished my first line treatment for chemoradiation about four weeks ago.  I chose both treatments.  Everyone has to choose what's right for them.  I'm sorry you need a place like this, but glad you found this place.  Members are quick to respond and very helpful.

Sherry Z.

Archived