Told the kids

Guest Lensiedel

Guest Lensiedel

We told the kids that the doctors have done all they can and that Bruce is not going to get better. They took it pretty hard, but this will give them time to accept. They're going to be with their dad the next 3 weekends, so we thought we should do it now, just in case. We told them that if it's getting near the end and they're with their dad we'll call him so they can come and say goodbye if they want to. I feel somewhat relieved, so I guess telling them was probably the right thing to do. I called their dad and their grandma and let them know that we told them. So hopefully they'll get the support they need when they're not with us. This is such a tightrope we walk, isn't it?

Wendy

You did the right thing Wendy, this way they could also get use to the idea and learn to accept it better, then if it just happens and they were kept in the dark.

Peace be with both of you, during this most difficult time. My heart goes out to you.

Always remember we are here for you. Please do not go through this by yourself, let us know what is going on.

Maryanne